Friday, June 27, 2014

When I Fall In Love

When I  Fall In Love by Susan May Warren

Warren has a way of telling a story which will completely gut you and fill you with hope simultaneously.  Grace Christiansen has a gift, but fear has sidelined her from experiencing the potential she possess. Max Sharpe lives life fearlessly on the hockey ice and off except when it comes to love. Their lives intertwined through Max’s former teammate and Grace’s brother, Owen, is about to clash. Max has no time for fear and Grace has no time for anything she fears. Until a vacation in Hawaii has them learning about more than just mixing ingredients which shouldn’t complement each other into gourmet meals.

While Grace and Max learn to overcome their fears, we are introduced to Casper Christiansen and Raina. I’m hoping a story for Casper is on the horizon although depending on what Warren does with Raina, we might be visiting Owen first. Either way I’m interested to see the next saga of the Christiansen family. Warren has a way of surprising you.

I don’t want to spend too much time on the story because if you enjoy a good novel, you don’t want to miss out on When I Fall In Love. However, I need to take a moment and recognize the gifting Warren has for intertwining story with lessons. Each of Warren’s novels has caused me to pause and reflect. When I Fall In Love resonated with me. Ten years ago I was Max, concerned less with the future and more with this present moment. These days I’m Grace, bogged down with responsibility of being dependable to those in my life. It isn’t just “falling in love” where Warren will challenge how you view life. The truth is there needs to be a balance. It is about marrying Max and Grace in our own lives so we glorify Christ with our eyes on eternity while not worrying about tomorrow.


A good story is a wonderful escape. You might find yourself in another country or falling for a man you wouldn’t in real life. A great story will do the same, but also challenge your way of thinking. Warren proves to be consistent with each novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment