Sunday, August 8, 1999

This Gift

I hold in my hand a gift. A part of me desires to give it to you but another part of me fights to hold onto it. My other hand reaches over and covers it up.

I look at it once again before looking over at you. This gift is too fragile to just hand over with careless abandon. It will not take much to break it. It is a tender gift and the concept of bestowing it to you is a terrifying thought.

Will you guard it with the abandon that I have? Would you treasure it? Will you make this gift the most important entity in your life? Would you value it for its whole worth?

Do you understand how delicate it is? Crystal has nothing on the frailty of my gift. This gift can only take so much of a beating. It will rebound but eventually it will shatter if not guarded properly.

You look in my eyes and I see understanding shining in them. The realization of the severity of such a gift makes you nervous. Slowly your confidence returns. I open my hand and impart my gift to you. You devote yourself to caring for it endlessly. I sigh in relief as I dedicate my heart to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment