Monday, May 31, 2004

Wasn't Meant To Be

You and I once spoke of what was meant to be. The convictions in your voice as you spoke of our future almost convinced me it would happen. Vows and a lifetime together were planned, but you and I weren't meant to be. I see the happiness in your eyes that I could never put there when you look at her. I hear your voice soften in awe as you speak of her with pride. I see the smile that escapes with the sound of her voice that I never caused. When she is around you slow down and savor every moment. You tell me of the future you foresee with her that you never desired with me. A lifetime of love, hopes, and dreams that I am not to be a part of.

You and I share an unique bond. A friendship that will last the ages exists between us. You and I will forever remain close but our lifetimes belong to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment