Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Melinda Baker 1980-2013

Having just turned 33, I've been contemplating that Jesus fulfilled His purpose on Earth in his 33rd year. It makes me wonder if the night before He contemplated all He had accomplished and the weight of what the year ahead might bring.

I don't consider 33 to be old. I barely consider it to be old enough. I don't consider myself old. At this point in my life, I'm moving beyond the adventure stage and to the homesteading stage. The temptation has fled to remain in constant motion. I don't know how I would feel if this was my last year; if before I had turned 34 it was over.

If my final year was this one, I hope that I've made an impact. It won't ever be to the extent that Christ's impact has changed the world. Regardless of how long I live, I hope that I leave an impression of Jesus behind.

If I only have until I turn to 34:

  1. I want to finish the book that I'm starting for NANOWRIMO.
  2. I want the book to be honest and thought-provoking.
  3. I want to convey how deeply I love everyone in my life with each passing day.
  4. I want to leave an impression of Jesus everywhere I go.
  5. I want to spend a few hours seeing shapes in the clouds.
  6. I want to see a sunrise and a sunset with someone special.
  7. I want to give more than I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment