Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Firewall

Firewall by DiAnn Mills

Taryn Young has landed the perfect guy. Francis Shepherd fell into Taryn's life like a gift from God. He was everything she dreamed of and he swept her off her feet. The only thing standing between her and happily ever after is a dream honeymoon  until terrorists blow up the Houston airport. Now Mrs. Shepherd is 1/2 of a suspected terrorist duo who have killed American citizens.

Waking up in the Houston hospital, Taryn goes head-to-head with FBI Special Agent Grayson Hall. He's not convinced she knew nothing about her husband's plans nor how he left the airport just minutes before the bomb went off. Desperate Taryn escapes her hospital room to seek answers of her own. The next time she sees her husband he isn't the Prince Charming she dreamed of. He's the man who killed her best friend, kidnapped a child, and is using a gun to threaten Taryn.

Mills is the master of crafting a suspense, action-adventure. She weaved enough red herrings into this plot to keep the mastermind hidden from view until the last minute. Mills always writes must-reads.

My only nitpick is the "mastermind" appeared in chapters in the first person. This has become a new fad in writing and it irritates the appreciation right out of me. I tend to skip those chapters. Which means maybe I could have figured out who did it if I had read those pesky switched POV chapters. Skipping them didn't detract from my appreciation of the story so I 'm not factoring it into my rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment