Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I wasn't dropping no eaves.

Perhaps one of my favorite lines from LOTR. I love the play on words and the innocence of Sam.

Today while helping someone out, I read something they had written about me. It was very sweet and a confidence booster. They've eluded to these thoughts before but never really voiced them to the extreme that they wrote them. It was encouraging given that I start a new job on Monday.

Oh yeah.  I start a new job on Monday!

I'm stoked about this. After the lay off and months of unemployment and temping and yadda yadda yadda, I thought this day might never come. It has arrived though!  Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In the meantime there are some other things going on that prevent me from completely celebrating this good news. I'm still processing and can't really write about it because I'm not sure how everything is going to go down. At this point only God knows and time will tell.  I'm holding on to this verse that was part of the Proverbs 31 devotional today. If you are looking for a good daily devotional, I highly recommend Proverbs 31.  They bring wonderful words of encouragement and spirit checks to your email. They are also on all those wonderful social media sites that keep us all connected.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:1-2 (NIV)




No comments:

Post a Comment