Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holidays vs. Vacations

The Europeans go on these month long trips usually from one city of culture to another or from one exotic location to an even more exotic location. They call them holidays.

Americans take these week long trips that are called vacations. Sometimes they go overseas and visit a cultural location sometimes in Europe. The Americans refer to particular dates on a calendar that observe a moment in history, a person who shaped history, or a date that greeting card companies somehow have finagled in order to increase their profits as holidays.

The difference? Americans observe a holiday and usually need a vacation to recover. Europeans holiday and vacations are pathetic to them.

I'm watching Gilmore Girls. Anyone else adore Sookie? She's so eccentric. However (and this is not shallow) I think that if she was a size 2 she'd be annoying rather than eccentric. She's adorable with her neurosis.

*I'll be referencing scenes from the episode "Emily Says Hello" from this point forward just so you don't commit to me a padded room.

Why didn't Rory date Marty? Did I miss the episode in which they discussed why they couldn't date because the Gilmores discuss everything.

Is it sad that Chad Michael Murray's only redeeming quality is his nose? I just adore it. It needs to relocate to someone with some morals and without the creepiness though. This random note brought to you by a commercial for A Cinderella Story.

Both of my brothers are expecting. I already have the world's cutest niece. Now there will be two more. Well, there is the potential for a nephew but regardless I will have three nieces/nephews by the end of the year.

Montana has a week long crash course on journalism and photography. Not just journalism or photojournalism but a marriage of the two separate entities. I'm seriously considering exploring that option as opposed to HIP or the three month intensive.

I've decided baseball isn't so bad. And it is without the drama of football (at least in New England). A game isn't a game when it matters who you bang. Hee he heee. So I have seen more than half of this season's Red Sox game. I'm digging it. It is most exciting when they win.

"Earlier I was talking to Sookie, who btw got knocked up again, crazy slut..."

GG is probably the only show that can get away with saying something like that without being offensive or juvenile.

Bones is on tonight. Was on last night and tonight is a new episode too. What awesomeness occurred that the cosmos have graced us with two days in a row of new Bones goodness.

"That's sweet he's having sympathy mood swings."
"He looooves me."

Oh Lord. Can I just say that I don't think that I'll ever have to help my mom get ready for a date so I think I can deal with reprogramming the remote every time they erase the settings.

I pigged out today. Went to Wendy's. Couldn't resist a Frosty since it was like a bazillion degrees today. Had to have my Spicy Chicken Wrap because that is fabulous. Then of course there must be fries to dip in the Frosty because... yes. And my stomach growled while I was in line so I go two wraps.

I get why Marty and Rory never talked about a relationship. She fell asleep. Only time a Gilmore is quiet.

Going to see Tony Lucca next month. Can't wait! Spending the weekend in Boston. I'm so excited. I need to just get away. I can't keep picking up the pieces for everyone else.

I love the DVR and why is Chief Manning killing people on CSI: NY? I miss The District. I miss the hotness of Anthony LaPaglia. Sadly they killed him off on NCIS. They should have recognized his goodness and given him a recurring role.

The brushes they use for finger printing (on CSI: NY) look fun. Autopsies are not so much fun and yet they torment me with one every week.

I need a pedicure so I can start taking advantage of this great weather with a lovely pair of sandals.

If I ever pick a fight with someone remind me to not do it 20 stories up by a glass window. That is a recipe for distaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment