Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miss USA

Miss California, Carrie Prejean stood up for what she believed in.

And for that I think every Christian should applaud her and then challenge themselves to find out if facing millions would you give a popular answer or stand up for what you believe in?

"If you don't live it, you don't believe it."

That quote was with me through all of high school. I don't even remember where I picked it up from. However it crossed my path at some point and I took it as a personal challenge. I have to live what I believe or no one will be convinced that I believe it.

My faith in God is a not a passing fancy, a whim, a phase of my life. My relationship with Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of all that I am and will be. I'll remain steadfast because I believe that no matter what I face He will face it with me.

When Carrie answered that question during the pageant she stood on that stage with the blessing of Christ. God brought her to that point and God knew she'd be asked that question. If God was human I think his chest would have puffed with pride and He would have proudly told everyone they encountered "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased." The world may crucify for her answer but in my opinion I heard more cheering for her answer than I did when the question was read.

God bless you, Carrie Prejean, for taking a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment