Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Groban in the house



Brave

That is right new Groban is in the house. I absolutely adore Groban. I know he isn't some people's cup of tea, but seriously his live show is amazing. If you've ever had the chance to see him on Live with whichever hosts they've hired for this month, then you know what I'm talking about.  

My favorite song though is I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever). This is what I know though. It takes more than belief it takes work.

I've had more than a few years to observe various relationships and the various stages couples go through. Of course we have the dysfunction of the relationships portrayed on TV. They may put the fun in dysfunction but they are hardly blueprints for successful relationships. Then there are the relationships my friends have ventured through. Some are still with spouse #1 and others are working on multiples. My parents have been married for 35 years and my grandparents for nearly 60.

Regardless of what stage a relationship is in it requires work. Each day it is a decision that no matter what happens I am coming home to you. If we don't have the money to eat out every night, we'll create a picnic in the living room. If we can't afford to go to the movies, we'll rent a few and watch them in bed this weekend. If what I really want to say to you is "I can't stand you right now," I will say "I love you and we need to work through this."  

It is about choosing to work through whatever comes your way so that you know  you will be in love forever.

Oh and to make this a true music review, get the album it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment