Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shattered

Shattered by Dani Pettrey. Second in her Alaskan Courage series.

Another entertaining read. Again we return to Yancey, Alaska and the McKenna family. Shattered concentrates on Piper and her determination to prove her wayward brother, Reef, didn't kill a female ski competitor.

Distracting Piper is Deputy Landon Grainger. He holds not only evidence that supports the theory that Reef killed Karli Davis but also Piper's heart. The problem is that she will tell him Reef is innocent but won't tell him how she feels. Landon believes Piper is better off without him. Thus a journey of solving a mystery and being honest with each other begins.

Pettrey has an easy writing style. Her stories flow and are easy to read. I had the same issue as with Submerged though that at times location and times are different but I don't feel they've been portrayed effectively. Also it seems to take a few chapters into the book to know how the McKenna family is comprised.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a taste of Alaska. Despite my dislike for cold weather, I want to visit Pettrey's Alaska.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just came across your blog, and noticed you enjoyed Dani Pettrey's novels, SUBMERGED and SHATTERED.

    STRANDED, the third book in Dani's Alaskan Courage series, will arrive in stores in September, and she has a fabulous giveaway happening September 2-19, to coordinate with the book release.

    Would you be interested in learning more, or sharing about the giveaway with your readers?

    If so, please let me know. You can contact me or my assistant at amanda at pulsepointdesign dot com, and we'll be happy to give you all the details.

    And either way, I hope you'll stop by and enter the giveaway when the contest goes live :)

    Cheering you on,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete