Monday, May 20, 2013

It is Monday already?

I can't believe Monday is here already. This weekend was jam packed full of goodness. On Saturday and Sunday we held a FUNdraiser at Texas Roadhouse in Springfield. We started by decorating at 10am on Saturday and then staying all day. It was a great time and the staff at TRH really got into it. Then we did it again on Sunday. I'll put photographic proof of the fun below.  :)

I was able to bug out of work early today. So I had two coupons for Barnes and Noble burning a hole in my wallet. A coupon for books can't expire so off I went. I haven't been in a bookstore in forever. I love the smell of hundreds of new books. I purchased a Mary Higgins Clark book for my mom as a belated birthday/Mother's Day present. I also purchased Chris Kyle: American Sniper and The Time of My Life  by Cecelia Ahern. I'm fascinated by the (auto)biographies of our military personnel and Ahern has such a fresh take on storytelling.

Dee Henderson also released an addition to the O'Malley series. Jennifer is about the youngest O'Malley. She didn't have a book dedicated to her in the O'Malley series. I was super excited to buy it to add to the collection on my shelves. However, it is a short. Which meant it isn't even the same size as the paperbacks that I have. I guess I'm going to get that one in e-book.  I like my books to match on the shelves.

Also a small annoyance I'm experiencing. I have a Kobo e-reader. So I primarily try and use Kobo when downloading books. There are a few different emails that I receive that offer free books. Kobo is supposed to be one of the retailers from which I can get the books free. They are never available free through Kobo though. I always have to use iBookstore which means I am reading on my iPod or iPhone.

Which leads me to another frustration. I don't mind my Apple products but I don't live and die by them like some people do. As a matter of fact I find Apple to be a very arrogant company and arrogance is such a turn off to me. I don't want to buy an iPad but it would be most convenient since I have a few books that can only be read on Apple products. I could suffer through the small screens of the iPhone in protest of Apple's attitude or I could cave and buy an iPad. I know Apple isn't hurting without my single purchase of an iPad.  Dilemma.

How about some ACS FUNdraising photos?











No comments:

Post a Comment