Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Who needs a doctorate to study cloning

Considering I spelled that "clonging" the first time it is a good thing I'm not doing the type of cloning that requires a doctorate.  

On a principle basis I am opposed to photo editing.  I like to do superficial transformations to my pictures but those changes usually just make my pictures look surreal.  They don't improve upon the original print.  It's like coloring your hair opposed to plastic surgery.  However as my photographs are being used on a larger scale now I've been more critical of them.  I liked the technicalities of this shot however it needed more in order to be used.  



The first picture is the original.  The second picture I edited using a program that allowed me to clone.  I completely altered the original to give the photo more subject matter.  In less than ten minutes I had a picture that barely resembled the original.  

And then I started thinking about altering.  Altering life.  Altering hair color.  Altering myself.  Would I alter myself to be more up to standard?  I added additional tulips to "increase interest" in the photo.  What would I do to myself to alter other's perception of me?  Would I make changes to be more marketable?  

I've never been one to swim in the mainstream.  I actually tend to avoid the mainstream because it lacks originality.  What is the point of being like everyone else.  I hate when someone says "I'm just like every other *fill in the blank* you know."  Why would you want to be?  See right there you tend to lose appeal to me.  I'd rather you be an original/unique *fill in the blank* than just like everyone else.

I still dislike editing my photos.  What you see isn't the truth but my version of the way things appear.  I've misled you to believe there were more tulips than there were.  I've told you a lie that you'll believe is the truth and I've backed it with evidence.  Evidence that is fabricated but your eyes wouldn't lie to you would they?   




No comments:

Post a Comment