Friday, March 1, 2013

Cancer



For the past few years I've been volunteering with the American Cancer Society. I became involved when a friend wanted me to spend a few hours taking pictures. That was a few years ago and now I serve as a member of the committee.

What I have learned is people possess amazing strength. I've heard countless stories of the shock of being diagnosed, the battle to fight against the cancer, and the loss that can happen.  I was making phone calls to local communities to recruit teams for this year's Walk for Life and I decided to put together a little information on Relay.


The statistics are staggering. Cancer really does touch everyone. I lost two great-grandparents to cancer. I have had biopsies done on moles. It can seem like such an overwhelming curse to be diagnosed with cancer. 

Yet there are so many wonderful tools to help. Beginning with the American Cancer Society and raising awareness. 

Don't be afraid to get checked. Early detection increases chances of kicking cancer's butt.



No comments:

Post a Comment