Thursday, March 14, 2013

The genius of Cadbury Mini Eggs


I'm on probably my sixth or seventh bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs for this season. Every year I swear I will buy twelve bags and freeze them and allow myself one bag per month. Every year I don't do this. Every year I binge on them for the weeks leading up to Easter and then crave them for about 11 months until they show up in stores again.

FREAKIN' GENIUS MARKETING!

Or maybe I'm just the sucker that it works on. However, let's talk about how Cadbury Mini Eggs appear in stores in the month leading up to Easter. They show up in those really tiny bags that aren't even a real handful. You pay around $1 for roughly a half dozen little milk chocolate eggs.  Then 4-6 weeks before Easter the larger bags appear. They are expensive but you have to have one (or six in my case). After waiting ten months for them to return to stores, I am teased with a small sampling of them unless I buy a dozen of those tiny bags. By the time the full-sized bags are in stores, I don't care what they cost or who I have to run over to own them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment