Sunday, March 10, 2013

Princess for a Day

This weekend I had the honor of being the photographer at a wedding for one of my good friends. Jess' super romantic fiancee arranged for a horse and carriage to transport Jess from the house to the venue.  As the photographer she asked me to go along.

It was amazing to be included in that special moment. Jess had been smiling for days leading up to her wedding, but all fancied up in her dress - complete with elbow-length gloves and wool shawl - she transformed into a princess. As children ran to keep pace beside the carriage and drivers stopped to get a glimpse of the bride, she didn't stop smiling.

It was such a simple thought by her fiancee to give her the gift of a carriage ride, yet I know it will stay with Jess forever. He gave her a moment to feel truly special. As I've gotten to know him, I have no doubt he'll have many more romantic gestures down the road.

Congrats, Jess and Ehren.


No comments:

Post a Comment