Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Severe Weather

As a resident of New England there are two things I've gotten used to, severe weather and only having 25 letters in the alphabet. We only use the "r" when writing. It isn't spoken.  Makes talk like a pirate day kind of quiet.

I'm just kidding. I pronounce the "r" could be why I don't really qualify as a true New Englander.

The severe weather though is sort of no joke. In the past two years we've had super storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, tremors, blizzards, and then these mutant storms that like to come visit.

Two weeks ago I went to a Dove chocolate party. It was awesome we sampled a bunch of chocolate and raised money for the American Cancer Society. I bought a fondue set.  Imagine my wonderment when I opened it up and discovered that I can use it in case of a power outage. Yes, it runs off tea lights so if we go a week without power like we did in October of 2011 I will still have chocolate covered pretzels.

So that this post isn't completely fluffy, I am going to share with you photos of this new storm from space.  I think I should have been a storm chaser.  I may have missed my calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment