Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hope


hope drives dreams. fuels perseverance. brings joy.


I was recently chatting with a wonderful woman of God on Facebook. I've admired this woman for so many years. We began discussing hope. Hope has recently become her favorite word and it has long since been one of my favorite words.

My favorite time of year is Thanksgiving through New Years. Literally that Thursday right on through January 2. It shouldn't be my favorite because I dislike the cold and snow. I hate wearing layers. I prefer the warmth of the sun and flip flops. I believe though the reason I love that time of year is because Thanksgiving ushers in the gratitude that we fail to show year round, Christmas is my favorite holiday and the name explains why -CHRISTmas, and New Years gives us the hope of a new beginning. A hope for 365 days of improvement, love, opportunity.

Hope can renew a weary spirit. I know through many of the trials that I have faced recently, I've allowed disappointment to claw its way in. I often don't live in hope because I wait for the inevitable rejection of a job opportunity that doesn't pan out, a relationship that doesn't go anywhere, or the inevitable withdrawal that happens as lives travel down perpendicular paths.

I have a gypsy past. One of those things that can hinder a potential new job. However one of my favorite feelings in the world is being on a road that I don't know. I don't know where it is going to take me. When I move to a new city there is something exciting about driving a road for the first time; discovering how it will play a part in my life. Will I find a restaurant, theater, new favorite shop? Is this a shortcut to work? I love not knowing but the adventure of finding out.

I know I've been going through a roller coaster season. Hope spring in with a call about a job opportunity and then it disappears and disappointment sets in. There is the hope of a future of being a wife and mother, yet it seems I stand on the precipice. Not invited into this dance yet knowing my time is coming. Regardless, I am going to shove disappointment out of my life and fill my life with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment