Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar 2


Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar

This was something to contemplate. I have no idea what the book is about. I didn't even read the synopsis. The title gave me enough to think on. I had two immediate thoughts 1) I know people like that and 2) I resemble that.

I resemble that title in one specific way. When someone asks me how I am my response is always "I am well and you?" It is almost second nature. It isn't that I choose to lie to them, but I don't choose to burden them with my drama. I don't like drama but sometimes you get pulled in.

*One of my favorite people on this planet has a saying. "I leave the drama to TNT, they know drama."  Makes me smile every time she pulls that one out.*

It isn't that I am a liar, it is that I don't open up and unload on everyone. I have a few friends who spill their life story every time someone speaks to them. I just stand there internally shaking my head and rolling my eyes. So even during these months of unemployment when I was wondering if I'd ever find a job again, I was fine. On the nights when I feel particularly lonely or bored, I am fine. When someone stirs up drama in my life and I'd rather live isolated on an island, I am fine.

It set me to thinking though about honesty. The mail man doesn't need to know that I contemplated selling everything on Ebay and relocating. However, if I can't be honest with those closest to me then I can't expect them to understand why I might be quieter than usual. It has taken me a few years to recognize that life not being perfect isn't a sign of being an imperfect person. As I've gotten older, I've begun to embrace the imperfections in my own life. I've accepted other's imperfections for as long as I can remember. I've chosen to live a life of not judging people, yet I was the harshest judge when assigning blame in my own life.

I'm employed. I have a temporary assignment that has come at the right time. I'm still battling the desire to move. I don't know if western Mass has anything for me. I don't know if I want to leave western Mass. I have three months to determine should I stay or should I go. In the mean time, I'm going to try to remember to be transparent with those who can offer me advice, will pray for me, and who are willing to listen because they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment