Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pardon me, I'm going to vent.

I'm a patient person. Some have jokingly nominated me for sainthood because of what appears to be an unending supply of patience. I've always accepted people for who they are and understood we all have quirks. However, today I may have gotten a bit more hot under the collar than I normally do.

The entire incident that went down was beyond stupid. It doesn't even qualify for stupid. It was pointless and unnecessary exasperated by one individual's immaturity and need to be the center of attention. However, it was escalated through social media. I'm not a fan of airing your dirty laundry through social media. My goal with using social media is to enrich, encourage, enlighten, and prove that I am as crazy as they say I am.

I don't believe "grrr" is a word. I don't support those who use social media to bully or abuse others. I'm against the ambiguous posts that air dirty laundry but are just vague enough that they don't give details, but give enough clues so everyone knows what you are talking about. I don't think the rest of the world wants their good days to be brought down by my complaining. I also don't think everyone wants to know each calorie I ate, when I sneezed last, if I had a bowel movement today, if I used deodorant, or if I brushed my teeth. I also don't believe in allowing you to believe my life is so perfect that trouble runs the other way from me.

I've taken a break from social media before. It might be time to give Twitter and Facebook a nap. The other day someone told me that they gave up social media for Lent and they enjoyed it so much they haven't returned. I'll keep blogging because blogging is writing and writing is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment