Saturday, April 6, 2013

Most Anticipated of the Year

Can we just talk for a minute about the label "Most Anticipated Novel of the Year!"  I recently saw an advertisement for a new book by an author and I realized for the past five years every one of her books has been labeled "most anticipated."

Oddly enough I stopped reading her books nearly two years ago. Her writing had become the "most repetitive" ever  in my opinion.  I gave up when I realized I was paying for a new book and the story wasn't progressing any further than it had at the end of the last book. She'd create series out of story ideas that would have been better off as a standalone. I got tired of forking over my dough for a rinse and repeat.

In all honesty, I also had to unlike her Facebook page. This is where every novel she writes it branded "most anticipated." I got tired of the over hype and then the disappointment when I finished another book and wondered why I'd spent the time and money. She also clogged my newsfeed with promos for her book every fifteen minutes.

I may have been adding to the anticipation for her next book. I was anticipating the down time between release dates when my newsfeed would go strangely silent.

I guess that is the life of an author.

No comments:

Post a Comment